FDCA is the only business association for Florida defense businesses of all sizes across Florida:
- Focused on meeting your unique needs.
- Connecting you with defense businesses, primes and subcontractors, all across Florida.
- A Board of Directors comprised of leaders from small to large Florida defense businesses.
- Engaged for your success during uncertain times.
- Advocating to improve your business climate.
- Conducting events, activities, and programs specifically tailored for you and your defense business.
To promote the business interests of Florida defense contractors through focused, statewide activities in business development and industry education.
Florida Defense Contractors Association is a statewide, state-focused business development and education group for Florida defense businesses of all sizes. FDCA is a Florida nonprofit corporation and federal 501(c)6 (applying) with the long-term goals of:
- Making Florida the premiere state where defense contractors conduct business, create jobs, and expand operations.
- Facilitating a statewide business development network for defense related businesses and stakeholders.
FDCA offers membership and benefits, organizes and hosts business events, and is the source for information on the defense industry in Florida.
- To promote the common business interest of commercial enterprises engaged in manufacturing, supplying, or other services or activities for national defense (“defense contractors”) through collaboration, networking, business mentoring, and other related activities.
- To promote and market defense contractors to local and state officials and the general public as high-tech, high-wage Florida employers which protect our nation through manufacturing, supplying, and providing the best equipment in the world for the men and women in our Armed Forces.
- To develop partnerships with other organizations and individuals that share, in part or in whole, the Association’s mission.
- To obtain and make available educational material, pertinent data and information relative to the industry.
FDCA Directors bring together decades of combined experience in Florida economic development, business development and governmental affairs.
FDCA is uniquely positioned to lead a statewide business network on behalf of Florida defense contractors.
- Chair, Noel McCormick, President, McCormick Stevenson
- Executive Director, Gene Moran, President, Capitol Integration
- Treasurer, Bill Reuter, President, R-Squared Solutions, L.L.C.
- Secretary, Sue Englander, President and CEO, EEI Manufacturing Services
- Eric Ellis, Vice President & General Manager, General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems
- Jim Batina, Vice President, Business Development, Chemring Ordnance
- Ed Dottery, CEO and Founder, Alakai Defense Systems, Inc.
- Alan Higbee, Managing Partner – Tampa, Shutts & Bowen
- Joe Mayer, Director, Gov’t Relations – FL, Lockheed Martin
- Rick Roman, Insurance Agent, Gulf Coast Underwriters
- Edward D. Spenceley, Senior Vice President, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Jim Nelson, Director, Government Contracts Practice, PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services LLC
- Fred Schor, General Partner – Strategic Advisor, On Point Defense Technologies